Shri Amarnath Yatra 2016 - Yatra Registration Form
All Registrations for Shri Amarnath Yatra 2016 to the Holy Cave Shrine of Shri Amarnath are made against a prescribed Registration Fom. The Requisite Application Form for Registration for Shri Amarnath Yatra 2016 is made available online to all the Yatris who wish to undertake the Yatra as well as through branches of designated banks across India.
Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board issues very clear advisories to inform every intending Yatris (Pilgrims) about the requirement of obtaining the prescribed 'Compulsory Health Certificate as per Format issue by Shri Amarnath Shrine Board (SASB)
for Shri Amarnath Yatra' from the authorized Doctors/ Medical Institutes while seeking registration for Shri Amarnath Yatra 2016.
The List of Authorised Institutions / Doctors for issuing Compulsory Health Certificates (CHC)
for Shri Amarnath Yatra 2016 is constently updated and made available online.
Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB) also introduced 'Group Registration' since last two year to facilitate registration of those intending pilgrims who want to travel in a Group comprising relatives, friends or neighbors. To facilitate all members of a Group of pilgrims (Yatris) obtaining Registration for a particular date, SASB has initiated a scheme of 'Group Registration'.
Following are the Guidelines for Group Registration for Shri Amarnath Yatra:
- If Group of Yatris intending to undertake the Shri Amarnath Yatra in a Group of 5 or more members are unable to obtain Yatra Permits from the nearest located Bank Branches because the allocated number of vacancies (registration quota) have been exhausted, then the individual members of the Group can together apply by registered post to the Chief Executive Officer, Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board, Chaitanya Ashram, Talab Tillo, Jammu, to secure registration for the Yatra.
- The Group Registration is available within a announced time period.
- Application Forms for Group Registration is to be submitted well before the announced last day.
- Group Registration is done on first-come-first-serve basis, subject to the date wise and route wise vacancies (registration quota) available for a particular day/ particular route, subject to maximum 50 registrations per group per day per route.
- To apply for the Yatra Permit under Group Registration Facility, the Group Leader (one of the intending pilgrim of the group) have to send the following documents in respect of each member of the Group by registered post at the address indicated in para 1 above:
- Filled-in prescribed Application Forms.
- Original copies of the prescribed Compulsory Health Certificates (CHCs) issued by the Authorised Doctor/ Medical Institutions.
- Four passport sized photographs of each applicant, one of which is to be signed on the front side of the photograph.
- Yatra Registration Fee.
- Mailing Address of the Group Leader, along with mobile number, and e-mail ID.
- Last year Postal Charges are mentioned below:
|No of persons in a Group
|1 to 5
|6 to 10
|16 to 20
|21 to 25
|26 to 30 and so on
- The amount payable to SASB (Yatra Registration Fee and Postal Charges) is sent in the shape of Bank Draft drawn in favour of Chief Accounts Officer, Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board.
- No one below the age of 13 years or above the age of 75 years and no female with more than six weeks pregnancy is registered for the Yatra.
- In case vacancies (registration quota) are not available for a particular date for which Registration has been sought by the Group, the Group Leader is contacted over telephone and informed about the next available slot for Group Registration and, if that is not acceptable to the Group Leader, the Application Forms, Compulsory Health Certificates, and the Registration Fee is returned to the Group Leader through Registered Post. If the Group Leader agrees to seek Registration for a date for which quota is available, the same is done and sent to him through registered post.
- For Shri Amarnath Yatra, CHCs issued only after a perscribed date would be valid for registration purposes.
- Yatris will be allowed to embark on his/ her Yatra only on the day and route for which he/she is registered.
- Chief Executive Officer, Shrine Board, is be responsible for any postal delay.
Registration procedure for NRI/ ex-India Pilgrims - Shri Amarnathji Shrine Boarrd has mechanism in place to enable NRI/ ex-India pilgrims to register themselves for the Shri Amarnath Yatra. This facility specially established in view of the fact that a large number of devotees living abroad undertake this annual Yatra. Following is the procedure for Registration of NRI/ ex-India Pilgrims:
- To Register for Shri Amarnathji Yatra 2016, an ex-India pilgrim will need to send scanned copies of the following documents to designated officer:
- Filled-in prescribed Application Forms.
- Compulsory Health Certificate.
- Scanned photograph of the applicant.
- Registration fee per Yatri to be deposited in the Bank.
- Compulsory Health Certificate should have been issued by National Health Services of the country concerned after a perscribed date.
- The intending pilgrim will have the choice of collecting the Yatra Permit from the designated branch of Bank located at Jammu or Srinagar. This choice shall be indicated by the pilgrim in his/ her forwarding e-mail.
- Registration of ex-India Pilgrims shall be subject to availability of Registration quota for the preferred day and route.
- A designated officer is assigned to inform the Pilgrim, via e-mail, whether he/ she has been Registered for the Yatra and the location of Bank Branch at Jammu/ Srinagar from where the Yatri would be required to collect the Yatra Permit.
SASB has design and layout of Shri Amarnathji Yatra Permit Registration Forms which have a number of high security features to ensure against these Forms being duplicated by unlawful elements.