Shri Amarnath Yatra 2019 - Online Helicopter Booking
The Online booking for Helicopter Tickets for Shri Amarnathji Yatra starts well before the Yatra commencement and is announced by Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB).
This year Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board had finalized arrangements with UTAir India Pvt. Ltd. and Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd. for the Neelgrath-Panjtarni-Neelgrath sector and with Himalayan Heli Services Pvt. Ltd. for the Pahalgam-Panjtarni-Pahalgam sector, for providing helicopter services for Shri Amarnathji Yatra 2019.
On-line Booking facility was made available to the intending Yatris for Shri Amarnathji Yatra on websites of the aforesaid Companies for Neelgrath (Baltal)-Panjtarni-Neelgrath (Baltal) Sector and for Pahalgam-Panjtarni-Pahalgam sector separately.
Last year the one way per passenger Helicopter fare, for Shri Amarnathji Yatra, towards Neelgrath (Baltal)-Panjtarni and Pahalgam-Panjtarni Sector was Rs.1,600/- (inclusive of all taxes) and Rs.2,751/- (inclusive of all taxes) per person, respectively. This is because Pahalgam-Panjtarni Sector (48 KMs approximately) is lengthy stretch compared to Neelgrath (Baltal)-Panjtarni (14 KMs approximately). As a result the Helicopter ticket for Pahalgam-Panjtarni Sector is comparatively costlier than the Neelgrath (Baltal)-Panjtarni. It is an individual choice to opt for either of the sectors.
- Helicopter for Neelgrath (Baltal)-Panjtarni-Neelgrath (Baltal) Sector
For booking Helicopter Tickets on Neelgrath (Baltal)-Panjtarni-Neelgrath (Baltal), you were required to visit the web-sites of following helicopter operators:
Global Vectra Helicorp Limited
UTair India Pvt. Ltd.
- Helicopter for Pahalgam-Panjtarni-Pahalgam Sector
For booking Helicopter Tickets on Pahalgam-Panjtarni-Pahalgam Sector, you were required to visit the web-site of the helicopter operator,
Himalaya Heli Services Pvt. Ltd.
Other Important Instructions:
- Yatris who wish to avail Helicopter Service to Panjtarni for their pilgrimage to Shri Amarnathji Cave Shrine are not required to seek Advance Registration through the designated Bank branches as their Helicopter Tickets is treated as Yatra permits for undertaking the Yatra (pilgrimage).
- But such Yatris will be required to produce Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC) for each passenger (Yatri), duly issued by Authorised Doctors/ Institutes as per instructions laid down by Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB). The list of such Authorized Doctor/ Medical Institution authorised to issue CHC is made available online well in time before the commencement of the Online Helicopter Booking for Shri Amarnath Yatra.
- Please note that No Yatri is allowed to board the Helicopter without first submitting the CHC.
- Also note that the prescribed CHC should have been issued from specified date by the Authorized Doctor/ Medical Institution. The CHC's issued before specified date would not be valid.
- With one Credit/ Debit Card, a maximum of five passengers shall be booked. The same Credit/ Debit Card cannot be used for booking of tickets for next three weeks. The Credit / Debit Card used for booking shall have to be reproduced at the time of the issuance of the Boarding Pass.
- Children below 13 year in age, elderly persons above the age of 75 years and Ladies who are more than 6 week pregnant are not be permitted to undertake the pilgrimage.
- For Pahalgam-Panjtarni Sector you are required to reach Pahalgam Helipad and for Baltal-Panjtarni Sector you are required to reach Baltal Helipad. Please note that the instructions including reporting time given by the respective Helicopter Operator are required to be strictly followed.
- The Helicopter services from Pahalgam or Baltal is up to Panjtarni which is approximately 5-6 KMs from the Holy Cave Shrine of Shri Amarnath.
To know more about distances and approximately time associated with each stretch, please visit Pahalgam-Chandanwari & Baltal-Sonamarg Tracks.